Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fun Times at the Mirage

Sunday was at the Mirage and was a blast. First off, I stopped for breakfast at CarnegieDeli. I had the Western Omelet. Poor choice, it was big enough but didn’t have a lot of flavor. I think I would have done better with almost anything else on the menu.

Afterwards I landed a seat at a new 2-5NL table and sat down for a nice session, watching games on TV and dragging the occasional pot. Card-wise it was a funny session. At the start the action was hot and crazy. I made all of my money on one hand. I called a $7 in the BB with five callers with 75 hearts. Flop was Q64 rainbow. Guy who liked to overplay TPTK bet $25 and button and myself both called. Turn was an 8 completing the rainbow, giving me the nut straight. I check, and it is checked around. River was a J. I lead out and bet $150 trying to make it look like a steal. Original better tanked before finally making the call, while button insta-called. Original raiser had AQ for TPTK, button mucked but said he had 2pr. I was up about $850 just like that.

After that, though, the action pretty much dried up. While I enjoyed the game, my stack slowly dwindled until Seymour and I had given back over $300 of our winnings. Still, we cashed out near a $600 profit. Not bad for a Sunday.

Afterwards I grabbed a comp ticket and had a nice meal at Cravings, the Buffet at Mirage. The facility was excellent and the food was on a par with Planet Hollywood, although the everyday prices would have been higher at Mirage. Still, comped is comped and I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment