Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Silly Texas Poker Hands

Here is an installment of Super Silly Hands from my first day of play at the SoCal Hawaiian Gardens Poker Room.

SSHand #1 – I have been card dead for an exteneded period when I decided to try a play. On the button with three limpers I bet $20 with Tc2c. Two callers ($62 in pot). Flop is Q52 with two spades. Check, check I bet $45 one caller. Turn is a K spades. Check. I ask my lone opponent how much he has left and he shows me only $6!!! That was smart on my part, no way to bluff now. I check. River is an offsuit A. check, check. I sheepishly rollover my T high to amazement from the table. The table was even more amazed when the other player rolled over a 64 for a missed gutshot straight draw and I take a big pot with only T-high.

SS Hand #2 – Very next hand 4 limpers when I look down at black Rockets in the cutoff. I raise to $20 and get 4 callers ($85 in pot). Flop is horrible, 89T with two hearts. Checked around to me. I bet $50 and there are three callers. I am now done with this hand. Turn is a K hearts, completing the flush. Check around and so I have some hope I might be still good, despite straight and flushes on board. River is a meaningless deuce. Check around again and my Aces win a showdown against a host of lower pairs and busted straight draws.

I played four hours until the travelling and lack-of-sleep started to take their toll, not to mention the uncomfortable chairs were getting beyond what I could stand. I cashed out for a tidy profit of $481, a good start to my two weeks of poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment